Posted by David Chibo from cache01.flow.com.au (126.96.36.199) on Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 1:42AM :
I know I've been slack in getting the Ross vs Parhad thingie up and running but I actually have a good excuse I just came back from a Refugee Action Collective in which 70,000 protestors participated in a Rally.
I met with two Jewish groups against mandatory detention, we hit it off very well.
See tommorow's papers.
I greeted them with Shalom/Shlama and upon leaving I asked what the Jewish word for farewell is.
They said it's the same thing, Shalom.
I told them that we Assyrians have a deeper farewell and greeting,
Upon greeting we say Shlama alokh, (Peace be upon you)
and upon leaving we say Push Pshena, (I leave you in serenity).
I have their contacts we may campaign together in the future.
1. Jeff check your inbox polish off the Ross thingie.
2. Sam D. stay in touch via e-mail re: that article.
3. Pancho we'll look for a factory 4 ya.
4. Wilfred we'll be in contact re: Zinda.
5. Alli don't take things so seriously.
6. Julia you talked us into it, we're going to Iraq.
7. Stella see you in cyberspace.
Rest of ya.....Pshena!
-- David Chibo
-- signature .
Post a Followup