Email: Leslie Harrow Griffith

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Our Discussion Forum]

Posted by Anon from customer-148-233-71-28.uninet.net.mx (148.233.71.28) on Monday, August 18, 2003 at 1:46PM :

>From: Lesley Harrow <lesleymorley@yahoo.com>
>To: Lesley Harrow <lesleymorley@yahoo.com>
>Subject: awards to the best people in the world
>Date: 24Jun20035:36 PM
>

> June 24, 2003
>
> Hi guys,
>

> I was waiting to write because I wanted to be able report good news
>regarding the problems we've had in Mexico, but so far the problems still
>exist.
>

> I do want you to know, though, that Robert and I arrived safely. No one
>even asked to see Dolly's vet papers at the border. They allowed us into
>the country and we've driven on the highways without a cop ever stopping us
>for our out-of-date Canadian license plates. And no US Marshals have shown
>up to detained us because of our "legal problems" in Mexico.
>

> We given ourselves till the end of the month to decide the direction
>we'll be heading after leaving here.... Canada or back to Mexico.
>Currently we're leaning towards Canada.
>

> Kit has kept us informed of what's been happening down there. Evidently
>Fred's wife and children have already left Mexico. Fred was arrested once
>and spent a night in jail. He has been arrested several other times but
>has paid the bail and fines and is out till he goes to trial. Three of the
>five horses that Fred stole have been returned. At the end of this coming
>week Fred will have to pay the damages for killing the horse and smashing
>into all the fences. The case where he threatened four of us with the gun
>still hasn't been processed yet. Hopefully that one will finally come up
>this week. We're still hoping they'll deport him. The ball seems to have
>dropped, but at least one of the DAs at the Ministerio PTblico is still
>pressing for completion. Our lawyer continues to work for us, but is
>getting a little burned out.
>

> Kit and Luis' lawyer have presented Fred's lawyer with a settlement
>offer in the lawsuit for their house. I have a hard time accepting a law
>that states that Fred should get some of his money back even though Fred
>promised to buy Kit and Luis' house and paid them half down then defaulted
>on the contract a year later when he refused to pay the second half. And
>the ludicrous idea that he should get INTEREST back on the original money
>he gave them drives me crazy.
>

> I'm working on getting Lew's story to a man who writes movie scripts and
>documentaries. Plus we want to write an article for the Omaha paper, one
>that gives our side of the events with Fred. He already sent one to the
>paper and Fred comes out smelling like a rose...or at least like a hero.
>

> I just reread the draft letter that Nancy and Edna wrote to the State
>Attorney General. I'd still like that one to go out, but it'll have to be
>edited to acknowledge the officials who HAVE helped.
>

> And for now that brings me to the end of this letter. I want to
>acknowledge all of you for your support...and in particular certain ones of
> [...]

-- Anon
-- signature .

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Message:
Optional Link ( default )

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com