questions at beth

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Our Discussion Forum]

Posted by panch from pool0340.cvx25-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.217.85) on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 9:56AM :

>48e Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale International Congress of Assyriology and Near Eastern Archaeology
>Leiden, 1-4 July 2002
>ETHNICITY IN ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA
>WHY ARE THERE ONLY TWO AWSYRIAN NAMES ON THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS????????????THERE ARE MORE THEN 50 JEWS WHO ARE GOING?
>http://www.let.leidenuniv.nl/rencontre/RAI_Leiden_2002.html

>>>OBVIOUSLY Jews LOVE being Jews. They did NOT flock to become Christians instead...throughout 2000 years of persecution at the hands of Christians, up to the recent Holocaust, they kept faith with their ancient religion and culture...which in those days was EVERYTHING.

They did not find a "better deal" somewhere else. That committment means they LOVE themselves, think very highly of themselves and maintain an interest in themselves...in the TOTALITY of themselves.

Had we remained Assyrian, we would be going in greater numbers and doing everything else the Jews do. We turned Christian and no matter how much you all want to insist that it made no difference, that indeed it SAVED us...the proof that this is simply not the case can be seen when here in the Christian West, where you'd think we would jump at the chance to travel and participate in conferences...to build schools and Universities, to have museums and symphonies and install monuments (ahem)...we are arguing Christianity CONSTANTLY...more concerned over Christian details of mind numbing insignificance than anything Assyrian...especially from those "evil" pagan days.

Why so surprised?

-- panch
-- signature .

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Message:
Optional Link ( default )

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com