Posted by andreas from p3EE3C211.dip.t-dialin.net (18.104.22.168) on Sunday, December 01, 2002 at 4:35PM :
The following is some initial and yet to be confirmed raw info material on Assyrians in Northern Iraq.
Is anybody able and willing to contribute to further investigations into the matter to clarify the picture?
Any help is appreciated:
Corruption in fundraising for Assyrian schools in North Iraq?
The picture so far:
1) The Education Ministry in N Iraq covers all costs of primary schooling including:
Buildings, maintainance, salaries, books printing, stationary, etc..
2) ADM and AAS (with working relations to ADM) raise funds from the Assyrian community in the Diaspora and from friends of Assyrians
3) Dozens of thousands DM (Deutsche Mark) were formerly given by the German Evangelical Church and the German Lutherian Chruch for alledged book printing projects (!)(see 1))
4) AAS itself claimed in their financial report that they cover the salaries of the primary schools teachers. According to documents that is 100% not true.
5) They are doing the same for intermediate schools. They don't want the government to pay 100% of the costs for intermediate chools, as they want to retain an excuse and cover for raising Dollars.
So, what's going on .... ?
-- signature .
Post a Followup